WHO’S THE NEXT great fitness motivator, the cutting-edge trainer who can get you to tune into streaming workouts and educate you on muscle-building secrets? Men’s Health wants to find out, which is why we’re launching our first-ever search for Men’s Health’s Next Top Trainer.
All throughout 2020, millions of people turned to Instagram and Facebook for workout inspiration and information, encountering thousands of trainers who taught them how to get stronger, faster, and better. And sure, all these trainers could make you sweat, but how many could actually help you build the muscle you want and burn fat in a fun, safe way? How many of these trainers actually made you want to work out even more?
AT MEN’S HEALTH, we’re chasing that blend of smarts and enthusiasm in our trainers, looking for trainers who can get you excited about sweating and pumping iron. And in our new interactive video series, we’re offering 8 trainers an opportunity to prove they have MH-level game. For eight weeks, we’ll put contestants through challenges that test their skill, charisma, and training knowledge. Each challenge will be judged by a panel of elite Men’s Health trainers (and a few surprise celebrity guests).
Our goal: Find the most electric, innovative, and driven trainer to help us motivate the masses to get into the best shape of their lives. That trainer wins a boatload too: A cash prize, a chance to work on Men’s Health’s video channels, a workout in the magazine, and the coveted title of Men’s Health’s Next Trainer.
MEET OUR CONTESTANTS
Eight up-and-coming fitness trainers battle it out for cash, clout, and a chance to get featured in the pages of Men’s Health. Each week’s challenge gives one trainer a small taste of stardom on our Instagram channel — and eliminates one trainer from the competition.
Certifications: NASM , ACE, Precision Nutrition
‣ Christopher Kadima is a fitness personal trainer and former professional basketball player from France based in Los Angeles. Certified through the National Academy of Sport and Medicine (NASM), American Council on Exercise (ACE) and Precision Nutrition, Christopher has help his clients to reach their personal fitness goals ranging from strength and conditioning to weight loss and muscle growth.
‣ Chris Almazan is a New Jersey-based trainer whose own successful fitness journey has led him to specialize in macro nutrient dieting and 30 day transformations. He owns a gym in Hoboken where he aims to get fast results for his clients.
Certifications: ACE, NASM
‣ Anthony Rice is a South Florida-based personal trainer, boxing coach, and muay thai instructor committed to helping his clients meet their fitness goals. Prior to becoming a personal trainer, Anthony was an avid MMA, Jui Jitsu, and wrestling competitor.
Certifications: NCCPT, USAW, Kettlebell Athletics, PROnatal Fitness
‣ A former college athlete turned fitness professional, Jahkeen Washington is the co-owner of JTW Fit, Harlem’s first boutique fitness studio which opened in 2019. His training style brings a level of intensity that challenges clients and keeps them engaged. He believes fitness should be both fun and results-driven.
Certifications:ISSA, NCSF, TRX
‣ JJ has taken everything he has learned, read about, competed in and practiced at to create a dynamic hybrid in the fitness world that demands results. JJ has a Bachelor of Science degree in exercise and sports science, is a ISSA certified personal trainer and is TRX certified in addition to placing 5th overall at the Complete Nutrition NPC Physique Competition. JJ’s philosophy is to constantly vary the workout. He utilizes functional training methods, HIIT-style training, Crossfit, TRX, Tabata, kettlebells and plyometrics in order to keep his training sessions fresh and effective.
‣ A lifelong athlete, Javante is a former D1 college athlete and NFL Draft Prospect. Those experiences combined with his continuing education led him to personal training.. His clients come to him for strength and conditioning as well as performance training. His training programs target Increasing muscle mass and decreasing body fat and he aims to help all his clients become leaner, faster and stronger.
Certifications: NCCPT National Council for Certified Personal Trainers
‣ Josh, is a four-year collegiate athlete, vigorous and creative Fitness Professional. He has been dedicated to the Fitness and Nutrition industry for the past 10 years, with over 35,000 hours of training and consulting earning himself the nickname “The Transformer”. His company True Vine Health & Fitness is currently based out of Richmond, Virginia whereas his motto is “Discipline + Consistency = Results”. Josh sets the example of living an active lifestyle by staying physically fit, adopting a healthy way of life which can lead to an individual feeling mentally, physically and spiritually uplifting.
Certifications: AFAA – CPT PN LVL 1 PN LVL 2
‣ Chris Coulson spent a decade in the Navy before an injury caused him to change course. While rehabbing his ACL and meniscus, he began seriously researching the fundamentals of strength training, kinesiology, and nutrition. He’s since become a personal trainer with a focus on strength conditioning. Fitness and nutrition is a journey of constant knowledge, which he takes very seriously.
‣ The journey begins for our hand-selected group of America’s best up-and-coming trainers. For their first challenge, contestants must create a unique burpee video capable of going viral online—or risk being eliminated by the judges.