Chromebooks are more popular than ever thanks to the Chrome OS platform that offers seamless updates with exceptional performance without needing flagship specifications. If you do want something a bit more powerful, though, Lenovo’s new ThinkPad C13 Yoga Chromebook could be just what you need with its 2-in-1 form factor, AMD Ryzen 7 chipsets, and a starting price of $579.
The C13 Chromebook offers the durability of the ThinkPad range and the 2-in-1 usability of the Yoga series. The red TrackPoint is present on the keyboard while the Trackpad features dedicated left, middle, and right-click buttons above it.
Powered by AMD’s Ryzen 7 series of processors up to the 3700C chipset, the Chromebook should be powerful enough for anything you you can do on Chrome OS. A fingerprint scanner is present for added security and you can get an optional “world-facing” camera for above the keyboard, along with an upgrade to Chrome Enterprise which will let you swap between work and personal profiles.
The display is 13.3-inches, using IPS technology and offering Full HD resolution, with the option of upgrading to a touch-screen with an optional pen. A 4K display is also available if you need even higher resolution.
At 15.5mm thick, the Chromebook is thin enough to be portable and at 1,5KG, light enough to be carried around in carry-on luggage or a backpack.
- Up to AMD Ryzen™ 7 3700C Series mobile processors
- Chrome OS (with Chrome Enterprise Upgrade)
- 13.3-inch FHD IPS or touch displays with narrow bezels
- Less than 1.5kg (3.3 pounds) and 15.5mm thin
- Webcam with privacy shutter and optional touch fingerprint reader
- Optional world-facing camera for easy on-the-go snapshots
- Optional garaged pen
- 2 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C and 2 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A ports with an HDMI 2.0 port
- Wi-Fi 6 Wireless LAN and Bluetooth 5.0
Starting from $579 in the US, Lenovo’s ThinkPad C13 Yoga Chromebook should go on sale ‘shortly’ from the usual outlets. We’ll update the post as and when it becomes available. What do you think of Lenovo’s new 2-in-1 Chromebook?