SAN FRANCISCO, Oct. 7, 2020 /PRNewswire/ – The global lignans market size is projected to reach USD 593.4 million by 2027 registering a CAGR of 6.8%, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The demand for lignans is projected to be driven by the rising awareness about the benefits of consuming a healthy diet and growing incidences of lifestyle diseases, such as diabetes, high blood pressure & cholesterol levels, and obesity. Commercially, lignans are extracted from sesame, flax, & pumpkin seeds, corn, wheat, pea, strawberry, and broccoli.
Key suggestions from the report:
- The cereals & grains segment led the market in 2019 and is projected to expand further at a steady a CAGR of 6.4% over the forecast period as products have low saturated fat and are a rich source of proteins, vitamins, carbohydrates, minerals, and phytochemicals
- The plant resins source segment is estimated to record the fastest CAGR during the forecast period
- The pharmaceuticals industry in Europe is projected to exhibit significant growth on account of the development of novel products by key manufacturers in the region
- The European Medicines Agency’s initiatives, such as the Priority Medicines initiative (PRIME), aimed at strengthening the development of drugs for unrealized medical conditions, are likely to augment the regional market growth
- Various agencies, such as the Department of Biochemistry and Human Biology (DBBH) and Research Institute for Medicines (iMed.ULisboa), are investing in R&D to develop new product applications in pharmaceutical & medical
- For instance, in January 2020, iMed.ULisboa and the Department of Food Science and Technology, University of Ljubljana, published a research paper on ‘Polyphenols from Food and Natural Products: Neuroprotection and Safety’ on the MDPI forum
- Four major classes of polyphenols, such as stilbenes, flavonoids, lignans, and phenolics, were highly acknowledged as potential therapeutics for CVDs, neurodegeneration, obesity, and cancer
Read 145 page research report with ToC on “Lignans Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Source (Plant Resins, Cereals & Grains), By Application (Food & Beverages, Animal Nutrition), By Region (APAC, North America), And Segment Forecasts, 2020 – 2027” at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/lignans-market
Growing product applications in the pharmaceutical and food industries on account of its anti-cancer, anti-viral, anti-microbial, and anti-inflammatory properties are projected to drive the market over the next few years. Lignans derived from cereals, such as corn, oats, barley, and rye, are majorly incorporated in manufacturing various food products, including macaroni, couscous, cheerios, wholegrain biscuits, and granola bars. Increasing consumption of cereal-based foods, such as oatmeal, muesli, raisin bran, and compressed puffed rice, is likely to spur the overall market growth.
Lignans are predominantly used to incorporate antioxidant and estrogen attributes to food products, such as cereals, energy bars, whole-grain bread, crackers, semolina pasta, meatless meals, and other snack foods. Lignans in the aforementioned foods are precursors of mammalian lignans and are linked with decreased risk of cancer and Cardiovascular Diseases (CVDs). This factor is anticipated to positively influence product demand in the global market. Asia Pacific is expected to account for the largest market share by 2027 due to technological developments, changing demographics and lifestyles, and favorable research studies in the region. However, North America is estimated to register the fastest CAGR from 2020 to 2027.
Grand View Research has segmented the global lignans market based on source, application, and region:
- Lignans Source Outlook (Revenue, Million, 2016 – 2027)
- Cereals & Grains
- Plant Resins
- Lignans Application Outlook (Revenue, Million, 2016 – 2027)
- Food & Beverages
- Functional Foods
- Functional Beverages
- Dietary Supplements
- Cosmetics & Toiletries
- Lignans Regional Outlook (Revenue, Million, 2016 – 2027)
- North America
- The Netherlands
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
List of Key Players of Lignans Market
- Naturalin Bio-Resources Co., Ltd.
- BioGin Biochemicals Co. Ltd.
- TSKG Products, LLC
- Shaanxi Zebrago Industrial Co., Ltd.
- Prairie Tide Diversified, Inc.
- FarmaSino Pharmaceuticals (Jiangsu) Co., Ltd.
- Xi’an Sinuotebio Tech Co. Ltd.
- SPI Pharma
- Hebei Xinqidian Biotechnology Co., Ltd.
- Plamed Green Science Group
Find more research reports on Food Additives & Nutricosmetics Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Tannin Market – The global tannin market size was estimated at 1,076.3 Kilotons in 2015. Increasing demand from the leather manufacturing and winemaking industry is expected to be a key factor driving market growth.
- Mixed Tocopherols Market – The global mixed tocopherols market size was estimated at 117.8 kilo tons in 2016. The growing vitamin E demand in food and dietary supplements owing to rising health concerns is anticipated to drive the market over the forecast period.
- Carmine Market – The global carmine market size was estimated at USD 16.7 million in 2017. It is anticipated to witness a 5.8% CAGR in terms of revenue over the forecast period.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.